Mego Batman Returns... sort of (McFarlane's new Batman)

 This post is sort of a warning to all. Don't delay if you really want to preorder a collectible. This is an 'almost' tale of woe. In the 1970s, the Mego corporation produced a Batmobile to go along with their Mego 'pocket' Batman. All these years later, I still had my 1976 Mego Batmobile. Sure, it's missing the steering wheel and some stickers (not to mention a tiny amount of surface rust on the axels after years of heavy use), but I still got it. The bad news is that I had used the Batman 'pocket' action figure until it fell apart. My bad. Well, not really. That toy saw a lot of use as toys should. Be that as it may, Entertainment Earth and other store posted pre-orders for a new Batman action figure from McFarlane Toys, which was in the 4" scale. Now, I had checked out Ebay for a vintage replacements - prices were off the charts and beyond what I would spend. The McFarlane Batman seemed like an incredible option. I thought about it for a couple days and then life sent me additional distractions. A week later, when I remembered about the new Batman, I jumped on the website and found that preorders had SOLD OUT!!!!!! I was pissed at myself to say the least. I have since found preorders available through GameStop (another great place to get collectibles). The point is... be careful when putting off such decisions. 

As for me... I will not be preordering the Batman figure (though the McFarlane one looks amazing). You see, the day I found out that the preorders were sold out, I found a vintage pocket Batman for sale on Ebay for about the price of the new McFarlane one. Yeah... I SO ordered that!!!! Always go Vintage whenever possible! For collectors, check out Entertainment Earth, GameStop, and Mcfarlane


https://mcfarlane.com/toys/batman-classic-super-powers/

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/

https://www.gamestop.com/

https://mcfarlane.com/


#Mego

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Grind: New collectibles and storage strategies