The Batman: Back... in a Flash!

For those who missed it... I am so sorry! The experience of Batman (the 1989 movie) in the theatre was... EPIC! From start to finish, the movie pushed many envelopes and opened doors that DC and Marvel are accessing to successfully reach fans and other audiences. I was thrilled with Michael Keaton being cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman. The majority of us were. Don't let the history books tell ya different. DC/Batman fans were excited for Michael Keaton's Bat debut, and we were truly excited with Jack Nicholson's turn at The Joker. There were those who questioned Keaton's becoming the Dark Knight, but those individuals were far less in number than those excited to see Keaton in the cap and cowl. And then... there was the Batmobile.


Jada's 1/32 version of the 1989 Batmobile, pictured here, perfectly captures the vehicle's brilliance. Sure, in retrospect, that Batmobile had some quirky features. Yet, of all the Batmobiles after the 1960s one, it stands out as the best for me. Admittedly, the recent Pattinson Batmobile was amazing, but still, Keaton's Batmobile is the best for me. Jada's take on the 1989 superhero car is quite detailed and makes for a good addition to a fan's collection. I am not certain of the year the two I have were made (I believe 1989). It brings back memories of the Corgi Batmobile from the 1960s. When I heard Michael Keaton was returning for the new Flash movie, I just had to pick up one or two.

As for the new Flash movie, Michael Keaton, for me, again showed why he was the top Batman. Christian was phenomenal, don't get me wrong. The Bale spin on the caped crusader was epic as well, but seeing Keaton back, with his wit and mannerisms highlighting Bruce Wayne's detective skills and confidence, was a dream come true (I so wish we'd gotten a third Keaton film in the 90s). Anywho... I collected a couple Keaton Batman items recently, and I will post them in the next month or two. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Grind: New collectibles and storage strategies