The Important Thing is that I Love Boba Fett Now!

I know I'm gonna take heat on all sides from this. OK, here it goes. First, due to his capturing of Han Solo in ESB, I hated Boba Fett. NO ONE on this planet was happier to see Fett fall into the Sarlacc pit in 1983 than me. My heart cried out with joy! Oh, how I laughed. TAKE THAT FETT! Years later, a friend informed me that Fett survived in the books. NOOOOOOOOOOO! I would accept anything from the books EXCEPT Fett's survival. Then I saw Mando. I gained respect for Boba after seeing him in the Mando series. Then I saw the Book of Boba Fett. Now... I love the guy! You see what I mean about pissing off everyone with this post.

Anywhoo... with my new found respect and admiration for Boba, I finally began to collect a few Boba things. His whole story arc with the Tuskens really made the difference. For all those who weren't fans of The BOBF series, I hope you can appreciate that we finally got backstory that truly completed the character or, at least, redeemed Boba Fett for those who were pissed at him for what he did to Han. Sure I was childish back in 1982, but then again... I was a child when my favorite actor, Harrison Ford, got bagged by The Fett! Now I have several action figures, which includes Boba in Tusken gear and in his re-armoured Mandalorian armour. Most recently, I purchased a replica of the throne from the TV series (by artist 'superflyprnt' on Ebay). Superflyprnt's work is exceptional and very reasonably priced.

I think the artist's rendition is spectacular. It's a great piece for those looking for final adds for any Boba Fett collection. It's 3D printed and comes painted. I love the details on the armrests and the back of the throne. As for Temuera
Morrison's portrayal of Fett? He was phenomenal. I am truly hoping for a 2nd season of The BOBF. I am not holding my breath, but I am remaining optimistic the Disney will make the 2nd season happen.
Now, I am not going to be adding much more to my collection that's tied to The Fett, but there are a lot of things out there for collectors to purchase. I am happy to see Ebay and other sites with Boba vehicles and action figures in good condition for sale (without prices being astronomical). Yes, I even got a great price for a vintage Boba Fett action figure. BTW, for those flinching because I opened up my Boba action figure to sit him on the throne (3.75" scale)... I bought two, the other still sealed/ unopened. Cheers!



 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Grind: New collectibles and storage strategies