Back to the Grind: New collectibles and storage strategies

 

Hello old friends! While my other blogs remained active, I have fallen behind here! My apologies. This semester took a lot of time, which left me exhausted. Rest assured, I have added some new collectibles while also making plans for a few blog changes. The two primary changes will be the addition of some price comparisons. I will let you know where I buy new collectibles and post other outlets and prices at the time I purchase an item or at the time I post a blog about the item. The second item is all about protecting collectibles. I worked as a museum curator for years so I am trained and knowledgeable about proper storage techniques. New blog posts will include some storage/preservation tips.

As for collectibles, one of my recent purchases was this boxed set of Kenobi and Vader action figures. I loved the #Disney Kenobi series. It had its flaws from my perspective, but all in all I enjoyed seeing Kenobi and Anakin together again. I pre-ordered two of these boxed sets in October at $39.99 per box. Entertainment Earth is still offering this item at $39.99 as of today. GameStop has it at the same price, but their "Pro" shoppers can get a $2.00 discount. Amazon price has been reduced to $36.42 at the time I am completing this post while Hasbro Pulse has the item at the $39.99.  Walmart is the highest as of today from what I saw during my search ($43.99), which is of course not counting Ebay where people are selling these, often for ridiculous price points. I haven't opened either of mine, which is what I planned to do (one for storage and one for display). We'll see if I actually open one. Cheers!

Storage Tip: Especially for those who keep your collectibles in a closet or basement that sees little foot traffic. Winter can be a time of strong rodent activity (mice and things going indoors to avoid the plummeting temps and snow). Keep your collectibles in containers and set up devices to trap or drive rodents off with high-frequency sound devices. I have had mixed results with the sound devices (better experiences with the newer devices that have changing sounds emitting from a device that plugs into an outlet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog